Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Both Sides Weld Symb Callout on Drawing?

New@ProE

Am using WF 3 -- When needing to detail drawing with "Fillet Weld symbol - Both Sides"callout, I cannot find symbol showing both sides. Default symbol options are "Arrow side" or "Other side" only, NOT BOTH. And, the weld symbol line is way too long. Would anyone happen to havea good symbol in their library they would like to share?

Thanks,
Edited by: New@ProE

sorry i have no library but if you have pro-weld included in your set up you could create the weld then show erase the symbol in

to find out if you have pro-weld start an assembly then under applications it will say welding
Edited by: ice8

ice8,

First of all, have never used the Pro Weld. Would love to learn how -- If you know of a tutorial on how to get started I will appreciate it very much . . .

Secondly, I need to finish an assembly detail drawing, but cannot find a Weld Symbol that will allow/place fillet symbol on Both sides of the leader line. I'm hoping that someone will know of a method to use or will have a symbol they can send me (PLEASE).

Thanks,

create new assembly

insert parts / go to applications/welding

insert weld (window pops up) click environment switch it to the light button

type size of fillet click the symetrical button hit ok

now it wants references but here is what we do differnetly

click the sketch tool and pick the surface you want it on the another ref

enter sketch mode and sketch the exact way it is to be welded

hit check mark / now by doing it this way all the lines you drew are already selected and the weld will be automatically attached and will update if you change the sketch

click ok thru the rest of the way

enter your drawing and use the show erase weld button

whalaa

weldsym.png

is this what you're looking for? if it is, make a copy of your symbol (fillet)& name it what ever you want (2fillets). bring the new symbol up (2fillets) & redefine it. then add (sketch lines) two more triangles on top of the others. now save the symbol. i hope it help you

old method of doing it!

Edited by: especial

Insert > drawing symbol > custom > browse > System Syms > weldsymlib > iso_weld > combine.sym You can put any type of weld you want on this symbol, either one or two-sided.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back