Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

BOM table problem

tomahawk350

I'm trying to setup mt first BOM table for the company. I having problems with user defined parameters showing up on a separate line.
Edited by: tomahawk350

I think I need glasses to see past the blurry screen
smiley2.gif

Try to make another screenshot, because I can't help you until I see what's going on. And I don't understandwhat's the problem. Try to clarify...

But first see if this post is of any help:

[url]http://www.mcadcentral.com/proe/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=34 372&PN=1[/url]

unfortunatelly I can't open them, I think you are working on WF3, I have only WF2.

But try to make a screenshot, just hit the printscreen button then paste the screenshot into a picture editor. You can even paste this in "paint" then save as jpeg and upload the picture same as the files but use the button on the left.

OK I can see the pic a little better.

Now tell me what's the problem, what do you want to do and it's not working.

I'm trying to list matl, matl desc, length, and width as user-defined parameters. They are set-up in my starter parts and when I add the table cell value to be mbr.user defined and enter MATL, it adds it as a seperaterow at the end of the table. I'm confused by this and hopefully you are not.
smiley1.gif

I don't know how you created the table but here is how you do it. I believe that's a assy you want a BOM for it. Again all the info is in that link I put in my first post.

But anyway create a table 2 rows and 7 columns then create a 2d repeat region (look at that link to see how to set up a 2d repeat region) then in the second row you write in each cell &rpt.index , &asm.mbr.name, &rpt.qty, &asm.mbr.description, &asm.mbr.length, &asm.mbr.width

You have to create all these parameter in your parts and fill them with values except the system parameter index, qty and name.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back