Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

BOM Table Cell Text Wrap & Border Lines.

joenjoe

Our engineering department is relatively new to PRO-E, and we have had very little training. We have just successfully made our first assembly BOM table which references parameters from the part models. Successful in all except for the fact that we cannot figure out how to wrap text in individual cellsor shut off the display ofborder lines between the cells.

(Please see the image at the bottom of this post for a better idea ofissues I'm talking about.) The MAT'L column will probably be the one in the future that will most likely need text wrap, sometimes as many as 4 or 5 lines of descriptive text per item will be necessary. Iset the first (seed) row for text wrap andupdated the BOM Tablewhich populates properly with all the correct data. However, when I attempt toaddto thetext for the material either at the part parameter level or manually in the assembly BOM cell itself the extra long text just carries on beyond the border on the same line.

Also, I simply need to be able to make the cell border lines invisible, particularly the horizontal ones between rows. I suppose we could live with the vertical ones between columns, though they would be redundant since we already have draft entity lines separating columns in our page format. The training manual we were given does not discuss this that I can see, so maybe it is impossible. I guess I assumed that the cell borders would behave similarly to something like those in MSExcel so that we could easily change their appearance or turn off their visibility altogether. Perhaps there are config options of which we are not aware or some other type of settings.

I know it is sad that I am working on this project on Christmas Eve, but hopefully someone can play Santa Claus and tell me how to solve these problems. Thanks in advance for any assistance you may be able to offer.

Thanks for the reply. It seems as though this is a common problem. The only solution I see is to decrease my font height or increase the column width.Unfortunately, neitherof these will not work for our format. I guess I will just have to export the data to Excel and format to be printed from there. I kind of wanted to avoid the extra step but oh well. Thanks again for the time.

joenjoe,

this may work:

1. <li ="kadov-p-CTopic-Text-Numbered">Select
    the table cell containing the text<li ="kadov-p-CTopic-Text-Numbered">From
    the right mouse button pop up menu, click Wrap Text. The text wraps to the column width.

Note: If you need to extend the
row height, use the Height & Width command on the right mouse button
shortcut menu.
...this is old so I am not sure how the latest version will handle it

to hide the lines you can merge cells, or click on the lines themselves and choose the visibility. forgot the method but will check on this detail later...

cheers,

M

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back