Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

BOM problems

ronfya

Hello all,

I would like to make a BOM that have in columns
- item number
- Part name
- quantity
- part number (meaning the number of the part's drawing)
- material

But I would like the same BOM to appears in drawing made from .asm files AND in drawings made from .prt files. (I do need it to appear on .prt files to specify the material)

So, to display the part name I tried to write some relation for the repeat region like the following :

if &asm_mbr_name
&asm_mbr_name
else
if &mbr_name
&mbr_name
endif
endif

meaning if the variable &asm_mbr_name is not empty, so display the name an assembly part. Else (if there is no assembly, meaning we are in a .prt file), if the value &mbr_name is not empty then display the part name.

but it does not work
smiley19.gif

Can anybody tell me where is my mistake please ?

I have also 2 other problems :

- my quantity field is empty even though I've written &rpt.qty in it

- plus, how do I display the part number on a drawing and be sure that it updates if it is changed on the original one ?

Thank you
Edited by: ronfya

you can't use a assy format for a part drawing. Because assy formats have parameters defined as "asm.mbr".

Part drawings have formats defined as &part_name , &description. They are defined just like parameters in drawing with "&" in front of parameters.

So you will have to make 2 set of formats, one for parts and one for assy's.

OK, fine then. I was hoping for only one template, but anyway ...
smiley1.gif

But about the empty quantity field in repeat regions (&rpt.qty), nobody knows ?
Edited by: ronfya

Try adding a new BOM table and see if that fixes the zero quantity issue. Or regenerate the drawing. Or try Table>Repeat Region>Update Table.

Putthe parameter &part_no in the table cell of your format. Write a relation in your assembly start part as follows:

PART_NO=rel_model_name

You'll want to use &model_name to pull in the name of your part in the part drawing format. I believe the rest of your parameters can stay the same and they will still work in a part format.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back