Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

BOM level in repeat region

huliyar

I am creating a BOM for a top level assembly that has several levels of structure. I would like to show a column in the BOM table (repeat region) to display the level of the part/sub assembly. For instance, if there are 2 sub-assemblies SA01 and SA02 under an assembly ASM01, and if each of the sub-assemblies have 2 parts, then ASM01 is level 1, SA01 and SA02 are level 2 and the parts are level 3. Is there a way to display this in the BOM?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

It is possible to do with nested repeat region.

Checkout pro/E help under pro/Detail on "Nested Repeat Region". You should be able to do it with the explanation provided.

Guys,

Thanks for the input. However, I am not able to get it working. Could you please provide more specific instructions.

BTW, the parameter rpt.level did not work too.

Regards

Hi,

I understood the problem in this way. Try this sampleBOM-table.

It's only writing, when you design the reapt regions ans vales inside it, values in the first cell to repeat for each item, for this reason it's called "repeat region".

&rpt.level is a parameter called "Simbolo de informe"in spanish. Translated to English it would be something like "Report simbol"

2007-02-14_083800_bom-rpt-level.zip

Regards,

Albert

Thanks Srini and Albert. I got it working. All this time, although I was using &rpt.level in the BOM, I was not setting the attributes of the repeat region to "No Dup/Level".

Regards,

Hi,

only for information, with &rpt.level and &rpt.index, both of them in the BOM repeat region, you can export this information to Excel and manage many treehierarchichal structures of data.

In my job we do something similar to export the tre structure to thePlanning andProductionSoftware Program.

Regards,

Albert

Hey!

How can I hide empty rows automaticly. I'mtesting Albert's version. I have 3 leves in asm. Last row in table is empty because i don't have four levels.I have changed repeat region type to no duplicates/level. Emptyrows are quite annoying if I want to show 10 levels...

It's cold here i Finland.. -28 degree in the morning =(

BR. A

I'm so stupid! Thanks! But hey.. HowI can export that bom straight to excel? I've noticed that if I make bom with info =>Bill Of Materials and then read that file with excel. It works fine if I want to show few parameter values. But if I define too manyparameters to BOM_format.bft values will jump to wrong cells. Sorry my grammar.. I hope that someone understand what I mean.

t,A

The way I export the BOM table is to select the table and TABLE>SAVE TABLE>AS TEXT FILE. Then I open this from Excel, chose FIXED WIDTH in Text Import Wizard and click Next.In the Data Preview Window that follows, create the break lines where you need.

This is how I do it, may not be the best way. But if you intend to import the BOM tables often, you can create one format for your tables and write macro to import the text files exported in ProE.

Hi,

Actually we have program what makes excel-export but only one level at time. Just like our current bom table shows. So, i have to export everybom table one ata time.. too slow..That's why I was wondering is there any way to do multilevel BOM and export it. Technical support said that it's impossible
smiley7.gif
. I'm little bit angry for them.

You can definitely create the multi-level BOM and export it to excel. You need to create nested repeat regions to do this. Search for nested repeat regions in this forum and you should be good to go.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back