Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Bom Generation

sharad

Dear sir,<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
I have following problem,
In project I am using 25 dia pipes of different length & qty. and 100 dia pipes of different length & qty. I want to get the total length of 25 dia pipe used and 100 dia pipe used.
Both pipes are created extrude command & family table of each have been created for different length.
For 25 dia pipe we have given parameter as length_25
For 100 dia pipe we have given parameter as length_100
By using table > repeat region > summation I got total length used, however for BOM with NO DUPLICATE answer will be wrong as it was not considering qty.
So we went for relations (table >repeat region > relation) the two parameters & corresponding relations used are,
1) total_length_25
total_length_25= rpt_qty*asm_mbr_length_25

2) total_length_100
total_length_100= rpt_qty*asm_mbr_length_100
All parameters are there in repeat region, then we tried to get summation of above two said parameters.
The problem is that, when we used the above two relations we are unable to get answer.
But when we used any one of the relations for our BOM we are getting the answer which can be observed in the attached drw file.

In short, rpt_qty is not taking for both relations. Kindly help to resolve this & if we are using three or more pipes of different length & qty.

Regards

Mr. Sharad Phadatare

try this... create two different repeat regoins, one for 25 dia pipe and another for 100 dia pipe and then write a relation separately for each repeat region.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back