Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

BOM Formatting Difficulties

fiebigc

I've set the "info_output_format text" option in my config file to have the BOM created as a text file. Now I would like to add information from the parameters box (i.e. material type, density). Is this possible and if so how? Thanks.

I don't know the answer to your question but it sounds more like you should make a drawing.....and you can show whatever you want in the BOM.

There is a way to customise the BOM output - an example of the file is below.

The config option is bom_format and the value is the full path to the location of the format file.

2008-01-24_023520_supplier.zip

Look in the help files for more information on customising BOM's.

The parameters are PRO_MP_MASS, PRO_MP_DENSITY, PTC_MATERIAL_NAME (Wildfire 3.0).

You will need to ensure that you perform a mass properties calculation to get Wildfire to generate the mass.

Also, you will need to use a material file to use the parameters above, there are alternate versions (look in the parameters, above the OK button is a drop-down box, options are Main, Alternate Mass Properties & Reported Mass Properties).

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back