Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Blowup Details

Rbrgr83

I'm curious to know if there is a way to show blown-up details like the one below. They need not be in circles either. Squares, triangles, even stately tetrahedrals will also suffice.

View attachment 3461

look up detailed views.

insert - > drawing view - > detailed view

it will not give u the projection lines of the area's of focus, but will give you the circles and afew options to that effect.

Edited by: puppet

Very cool, exactly what I was looking for
smiley32.gif

New challange, is there a way to show a section in a detail like this? The properties menu for the detail view will not let me directly define a section (i.e. boxes are greyed out). Anyone know of a workaround?

You need to add section in main view, then detail view will reflect it.
You can change the spacing for hatch in detail view separately.

Charles

Is it possible to show the section in the detail without showing the section in the view it's based on?

I know I can pull this off with a local section in the main view, but I'd rather not if it is possible.
Edited by: Rbrgr83

The only way is to make your detail view a general view, add the section in the detail view and fake in a detail circle callout on the view it should be coming from. Hope this helps.

You could also make both views sectioned then convert the detail view to draft entities then delete the section in the parent view. Of course, the detail view will no longer update and you will have to do it all over again if ht e geometry changes. But the detail view circle & note remain.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back