Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

"BISECT/SWITCH OF ARROW"

I think what you are looking for is to add another leader. Pick your note or symbol or whatever it is and hold down the right mouse button. That will pop up a menu, pick edit attachment. One of your options will be edit attachment, one of the options will be Add Ref. Choose that and and the other edge. If you don't like the way it looks, then you can add a jog to either or both leaders to get it to look like your picture.

You can always just pick the 2 reference edges (hold down the ctrl button to pick multiple items)when creating the note. The arrows can be dragged anywhere along their referenced edges to your preferred positions after creation.

If you want the arrows to meet at a common point then goto the note like you show, you need to create a jog in each of them. Activate the snap grid, adjust the spacing so you have a good place to join the arrows then move the jogs to the common point.

Create a note with the text R&d### where d### is the ID of the radius dimension.

I don't know why we have to do this over & over & over, why can't PTC implement a proper radius dimension? They're too busy marketing Crapo.

You don't realy need to do what you're showing, you could just add 2X to your dimension note. But you can also dowhat you're showingwith a note and make it parametric. In the note type &d# where d# is the name of the dimension.

Sorry for the duplication I was typing my responce before the other post showed up.
Edited by: kdem

Thx you both. Idea about adding (2x) is really good
smiley4.gif
.l don

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back