Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

best mfg sequence

fisa

hello i am new in peo-nc and want tomilling this cavity in limited time .means in 2 hours this is my asingnment to show some one to prove my milling cabipilities .i tryed different sequences (check attatchment must usuppress the feature w-5 version also a step file of cavvity)butnot satisfybecaue i am not sure about wat i am doing is right way or there is some thing different way for this type of cavity milling

i need best mfg sequence for make this cavity best rough approach best re roughing and bestt finishing(i have a machine whichis maxiumum rpm is 8000. and rapid 30.000 mm (dahlih MV270 with fanuc 21imb)2010-10-10_074641_mcad-advise.rar

thanks

Fisa,

A few things to consider. What is the material you are cutting. What is the tolerance you need to hold. and what surface fin do you need to achive?
Looking at the stp file it should be no problem cutting this part in less than an hr or close to 1/2 hr, depending on material.
I would do volume milling for the most part (rough and fin), trajectory for the slot and surface milling for the radius you have in the there. Add a deburring tool (trajectory)

Tony

Edited by: TonyJager

thanks tonyJager

very pleased to see ur repl;y acutally this cavity is for forging mold and material i am using is H13 or similar one and finishing not mor then 3.2Ra because i will take most of the feature of this part is as forged.can u make a sample machine file on ur approach becauseur time is very appealing me near 1/2 houur is good enough, right now i cant hold time less then 2 hour where i am mistaking i dont know??.......... lot of skills i can learn only just one time seen.

thanks

Asif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back