Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Best hardware setup for laptop computer

Robust

Hi all,

Recently I have started my own bussiness and getting my pro eng licence next week.

I am looking to installed through Delllaptop. If any one have already been using latest, kindly please help me? Thank you.
smiley32.gif

Edited by: Robust

I have been running Pro/E Wildfire 3 on my Dell M90 (2GB or RAM, 2GHz processor, 512MB graphics card) laptop for 3 years now with no issues. It works great. The equivalent now is the Dell M6400. This is the one I would go with.

One of our laptops is a Dell m6300,core2 2.5 ghz 4gb RAM, quattro Fx 3600m. We run dual boot XP 32bit & 64 bit. 64 bit for CAD. It works great. I do Recommend x64 if you are building large asm. or rendering. If money is no expense, Dell has the "covet" M6400. It's the mac dadddy of laptops. Up to 16 GB Ram. We also have used M90's in the past. Good models. Dell works well with Pro E. Check out [url]http://www.ptc.com/partners/hardware/2000i2/division_product view.htmPTC[/url]
for their recomendations. ***Look at the version of pro e you are running** This will show their test machines.

Cheers, Tim

I'm not sure if you still need the information, but here are my comments:

I'm running on a Precision M4400 Intel Core2 T9800 @ 3Ghz, 4GB ram 512 video on a Quadro 770M. XP SP3. It works fine with Pro/E using OpenGL Graphics. The video chip stinks when using Autodesk Inventor and it'll force you to use DirectDraw graphics, but that's another story. I hope it helps.

Yes I already bought my laptop butstill I am thanking you for your wonderfull technical details which I can use it in the near future when I try to expand my business.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back