Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Bend from a flat sheet

sekar_mech02

Hi

i am unable to make bend for the following attached file. i shown the bend line for reference in sketch.

The file is in pro/e wild fire 2 and please send back in wf2 to me after making bend.

can any one tell where i made the mistake

regards

sekar.r
2009-04-09_075045_exampl.prt.rar

Hi Kratos.,

I am able to bend the side of the sheet. But i am unable to bend at the notches. i expect the model to be 'U' shape.

Can you correct the model of the attached file.

Please tell me where i am making mistake for the failure of the bend.

regards.,

sekar.r

2009-04-10_061155_module.prt.rar

2009-04-10_124206_module.prt.rar

smiley2.gif
I think, it is a one issue drawback for Pro-E sheetmetal module.

Hopefully WF3&4 to solve the probem.

Your steps are still correct.

I used unbend and see bending line at V-shape.

Added Relief cuts and bend back.

Then addded another two bend to finalize.

Reference are in Model.

Hi Kratos

Thanks for the reply. i have seen the model, it is quite good, and same to what i had expected.
smiley32.gif

Please clarify the following things

1. In the cut feature, you have given the R 3.2, is this value is determined on wht basis or it is an approx assumption??

2.While Bending, after making the bend line and exiting sketcher, what is the effect of the following prompt "Indicate on which side of entity to create feature.".
I have tried first one direction and next time another direction. But there is same effect . What does it actually mean?? what about the option of "Both" in Bend side menu??

regards

sekar.r

2009-04-11_102417_QUESTION_2.rar

smiley1.gif
Thanks you.....

For the first question, I just clear out relief cut from green two lines (fillet or stress zone). The bigger radius will cause bigger cut out. As long as relief cut clear enough, I think will be fine.But it is my unprofessional way.

For the second question, it asked you to make bend feature is left, right or center on the bending line that you defined. Attached PDF will show left, right and both will gave different lengths on bending.

Best Regards,

Kratos.

Hi Kratos

smiley32.gif
Well done Kratos. You explained the things in a clear and better manner. I understand the effects of Bend Side direction

Thanks a lot

Regards.,

sekar.r

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back