Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Bend against 2 differant plains

Jetmaster

Hi All,

I am having a problem with a part that bends on two differant plains, the picture attached was created using a solid variable sweep, but i need to be able to unbend it.
moz-screenshot.jpg

View attachment 4436

hi jet

First - I am not aware of oall conditions your part must pass, but taking your pic as basis, it looks that you already have everything in it, you should just use angel values to bend your part
View attachment 4437

s basicaly it is usefull in assembly mode wtih flexibile function

to obtain such trajectory for 2 directions, I made two surface and next intersection curve
View attachment 4438

but taking a look on your picture it seems you already have it,

ok, just I tooka second look on the post and this is sheetmetal related:))

First I thought this is strict part modeling. In this case I am lack of words(to say hwo it should be done in sheetmetal)

My suggesttion is to start from scratch. I think it is impossible to unbend a composite or 3d curve. Just make one flat sqr. piece then make the convertion to sh.m. then make all your bend, then when done with the design use a flat pattern tool. In that way you save time andthe pain along with it.

Hi Guys,

After lots on trial and error finally found the way around it.

First created the top piece of the part by extruding a scetch in solid modeling (make sure it extrudes on boh sides of the scetch but dont use symetrical by continually clicking the far right button)
View attachment 4448

, then convert to sheetmetal, then use a Planar bend to create the other two downward bends.

View attachment 4449Hope this will help someone in the future

Jet :)

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back