Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Batch Runs, Optimization, and Windows

james95777

I would like to run an optimization study in Mechanica as a batch file.
The optimization is based on a static analysis. I am operating on a Windows platform.

I can run the optimization directly from Mechanica (not as a batch file), and get results. However, when I create a batch file, then run the batch, I have problems. It will run initially, but will not be able to see the geometry and thefollowing message appears in the log file:

Error updating parameters:
The Pro/ENGINEER model "C:\Documents" could not be retrieved.

I have run static analyses from the batch file without encountering this.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

James
Edited by: james95777

So once again I figured out the answer to my own question.
smiley1.gif

My version of Pro/Mechanica truncates part filenames at spaces when calling from an optimization run from a batch file. Thus, if your path has a space in it, Mechanica will exit with an error because it is looking in a directory that doesn't exist.

Oneway around this:

If you're running an optimization from a batch file in Windows, move all your files to a directory which has no spaces in the pathname ( i.e. not "My Documents", but something like C:\Optimization\Projectname )

- James
Edited by: james95777

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back