Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

basic library install & use

Adamg

I am trying to load our basic library disk. i have followed all the prompts and it said it was a successful load. how do i use it? i havedon't seea new menu to access it. if i use file open and find the directory all the parts are labled with abrieviated file names and letters. My wonderful PTC support suggested that i need to use config.pro to load it the only problem with that is i don't know which setting to change. can someone give a brief summary on what i need to do to get it to load then tell me how to access the parts?

So they jsut said to use config.pro and didn't give you the option? Nice. Your maintenance dollars at work.

You need to set "pro_library_dir" with the path to the top level directory of your library installation. You should then have a "PTC|Library" pick in the 'look in' drop down of the file -> open dialog. Not sure where it'll apear in the new WF4 dialog, maybe in the LH pane?

Browsing it will give you descriptions of the files instead of hte cryptic file names. Prepare to be dissapointed, in my view the files are poorly and inconsistantly modeled and were built at least 12 years ago. That's as long as I've been on Pro|E, they've never changed.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back