Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Barber Motorcycle Museum - and proe

Love the pictures of the old motorcycles. One in particular brought back memories.

I used to have a 1967 Triumph VERY similar to the 1962 BSA Spitfire Scrambler.

Ah, the good old days.

Nice
smiley20.gif

I think the replica of the Easy Rider is a little off, I saw the original in the Harley-Davidson Cafe in NYC and the rake is much further out. Still a cool bike though.

We supplied the injectors, sensors & ECU to Cannondale, all modeled in Pro/E of course.

They struck me as a really arrogant company which caused their downfall. They thought their success in bicycle frame & suspension design & manufacture put them at a higher level than all the motorcycle manufactures in the world. They completely underestimated the requirements to make a competitive racing engine. Their engines blew up every few hours on our dyno. As soon as they fixed the weakest link the next weakest part broke. They should have gone to an proven engine supplier like Rotax & contracted the whole engine from them.

There was nothing all that great about the Cannondale frame & suspension. Once they got the engine to live the bike was still uncompetitive. We had fuel injected the then current 4 stroke MX king Yamaha YZ450F as a proof of concept for Cannondale. Even with the ECU bungied to the seat & sensors sticking out of the head it out preformed anything Cannondale ever made.

That was a fun project though. Only time I ever earned a paycheck with a helmet on. Usually I just pay & pay to ride bikes.

cool story.I met the engineers when teaching a surfacing class there back in 2006. I remember it snowed around lunch time and everyone grabbed a bicycle and ripped in the parking lot... and slid around.Everyone seamed very knowledgeable and extremely competent on Pro/E... Mechanica to surfacing.

confident = arrogant i guess. Confident is a nice way to say arrogant.

There is quite a bit of synergy (Ive always said) between Cannondale and General Atomics to change the subject politely. There are a hand full of ME's in the high desert designing carbon fibre parts and molds.

On the side they are designing and machining parts for the Yamaha Rhino 700, 660 and 450 models. That is a fast growing industry even during our hick-up recession.
Edited by: design-engine

That would be sweet to check out. Kind of reminds me of my trip to the BMW museum in Munich. Lots of eye candy.

Got to see some more this past weekend at Laguna Seca. American Le Mans Series had it's final race their. The Super Prototype Series were visually and mechanically stunning. The final race was 4 hours long. To watch them go all out for that time was amazing. Here are some pics and video.

<div style="text-align: center;">
<div style="text-align: left;">
<div style="text-align: center;">**EDIT**
</div>http://picasaweb.google.com/virtualproto/AmericanLeMans LagunaSeca101009?feat=directlink

Copy and paste this link. Remove the gap between LeMans and Laguna. The hyperlink keeps getting fubar'd when I hit update post. WTF?
</div>
</div>
Edited by: jsantangelo

I had some friends take photos of the Lemons races at Road Atlanta... all in the rain. Have not got the photos yet but I wanted to model a Lemons car for some time now. It looks sorta like a f1 car but with fender wells and lamps. Got any hi-rez photos exactly from the side?

And your photos are not work-n
Edited by: design-engine

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back