Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Balloons (re-attach & move)

coryr1976

I've always noticed that for some reason, it is very difficult if not impossible to move and/or re-attach Item Balloons (made fromRepeat Regions) on Assembly Drawing Views.

I have a situation where I have Item Balloons (created from Repeat-Regions) on an exploded view. I for some reason cannot move or re-attach them to a different location on the same component. They just seem to be locked there. I'm thinking of putting on dummy-generic balloons so I can have the freedom to move them around to where I need them.

Does anyone know of this problem??

smiley5.gif

Yeah but for me it's very rare, sowhen this happens instead of attach to edge, I use attach to the middle of the edge or attach on surface with fill dot.

And if I need to move the balloon to another view, in this case I don't use move balloon to another view because the arrow disappear (don't know why), I use edit attachement and select a new attachement on another view.

vlad1979 said:
Yeah but for me it's very rare, sowhen this happens instead of attach to edge, I use attach to the middle of the edge or attach on surface with fill dot.

As a rule, I always use the attach to surface (not too worried about the filled dot) to attach BoM balloons, it allows for a lot more flexibility.

Kev

EDIT:-

coryr1976,

If you are having trouble with moving the BoM balloon arrow then you may be trying to pick a line/edge that is not part of the component that the balloon is associated with hence attaching to a surface is better (coz it is somewhat clearer what you have attached to)

Kev
Edited by: prohammy

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back