Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

autocad files

beyazjedi

how can I openautocad files in pro-eng.I want to make modelling with autocad files which export to pro-eng.because ,I have ready auto cad drawings(2-d) I want to use them.
Edited by: beyazjedi

Hi,

Open ProE and then do this.

File -> open -> <file name>

ProE should import that autocad file directly in to a proE drawing, the format of the drawing will be taken by proE , You can change the format later..

If you are looking at creating a 4D ProE model from a 2D drawing with automatic feature creation, there is a seperate module in proE called AutoBuildz, you can use it for automatically creating 3D models to some extent.

I hope I answered you..

hi,

you can import autocad drawing in proe model environment by >insert >shared data> from file. which can be uesd as reference for modeling.

or you can insert the drawing file directly into sketcher model.

Regards,
smiley1.gif

nirmalan

how can I openautocad files in pro-eng.I want to make modelling with autocad files which export to pro-eng.because ,I have ready auto cad drawings(2-d) I want to use them.

You should pay attention that file names don't contain space ie. engine drawing 0984.dwg, or that file names are to long, ProE would have trouble reading them.
Instead space use underline ie. engine_drawing_0984.dwg.

Also you should try AutobuildZ, with him you can model directly from autocad drawing.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back