Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Associativity between drawings

Toberc_123

Hello all,

let me first describe the problem:

1. Imagine I have one part, called rod1.prt. I create a drawing of this part, called rod1.drw

2. I then save a copy of rod1.prt, and call it rod2.prt. This automatically creates a drawing called rod2.drw, which is identical to rod1.drw.

3. I now make some editions to rod2.prt. These editions are automatically updated into rod2.drw.

4. Now I want to make some editions to rod1,drw, but I also want these sameeditions to be made automatically to rod2.drw. Is this possible? How might I go about this?

Thank you very very much for your help,

sure you can do this.

Use a family table , or use top down design (and , copy geometry)

//Tobias

Sounds like a family table.

How similar are the parts? They are identical to start but how many changes and what type of changes are made?

You can add/suppress features and change dimensions across a family.

Would you like to build some type of drawing-table to show the versions of the part(s) or do you want a new drawing for each part?

As suggested, family tables should work. Take care to
always regenerate the drawing if you open it without the
generic in session!I've seen examples where the drawing
is not accurate because the table instance were not
regenerated/verified.

jraquet said:
Would you like to build some type of drawing-table to show the versions of the part(s) or do you want a new drawing for each part?

I have nowgot to grips with creating a family table for a part. In answer to your question, a drawing table to show the versions of the part would be good. How might I do this?

Thank you,

Tober

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back