Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Assigning material

TudorMiron

Hi All,
I'm just starting to learn Pre/E (switching from SolidWorks) and find some difficulties:
In Solid Works I could assign material to nay part I modeled and get than have such data as weight, CG location, moments of inertia, section moments of inertia etc. etc - for now I can't find anything like this in Pro/E - is there a way to do such thing in Pro/E?
Another thing is I could use "measure" tool to measure distance from any edge, vertex or anything - to another anything. Can't find such a thing in Pro/E.
It's not that I can't survive without those tools but they where VERY handy.

Thank you
Ted

to apply a material

edit ->setup-> materail -> pick one

analysis -> measure. for edge vertex and anything :)

analysis -> model analysis -> model mass properties - > for part mass, inertia etc

hope this helps

Thanks Puppet this helps. One thing thought when I wanted to assign material I realised that I don't have from where to choose one. Do I have to make my own material database?

Cristelino,
I'm moldavian, located in Russia,St.Petersburg.

Thanks
Ted

there is a materials.zip u can d/l from this site. in the "files section" which i use. and yes u can make some.

->download it

-> unzip it somewhere

and then add the following to ur config.pro

pro_material_dir j:\*yourparth*\pro_materials

then it will go right to that directory when u assign ur materials

if you have e mail adress i can sen you some files with the usual material i work

Sorry for confususion.I have a friend with exactly the same name and hi s romanian

Anyway i made mistake few mile

smiley36.gif

Best regards

Cristelino

Puppet - thanks again! I love your replys - short and clear.

Cristelino, yeah your mistake is actually not a mistake...errr... well ya know what I mean
smiley2.gif

you can email me at: tudormiron ...at...yahoo.com (replace...at...with @)

Say hello to you friend Tudor! from Tudor

Thanks
Ted

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back