Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Assembly View manager

Khobin

Hi, I currently have an assembly modelled that I want to be able to create2 drawing views, showing it in an initial position in the first view, and then in final postion in the second view (some of the components move in the assembly).

In IV I've done this by creating 2 sets of constraints/mates and then having 2 representations/views in the assembly, where the first one has the first set of mates turned on, and the second one has the other set turned on.

From reading through the user/training guide, the view manager has settings to be able to hide/supress components, explode the assembly, or make views based on orientation, but I don't see anything about being able to manipulate the constraints (enable/disable) for specific views.

Is there a way to do this in Pro/E, or isthere another way to achieve this?

When all else fails, use the snapshot, works great. reposition your assembly, reorient the view then use the snapshot command and save that so you can access it in a drawing. Then put your model back to where it was originally. Now you can bring in both views and not have your model screwed up.

Gary

Thanks,

The only problem is that if I make snap-shots they won't update later if/when the assembly is updated, so everytime a change is made the person changing it would also have to remember to make a new snapshot...
Edited by: Khobin

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back