Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Assembly missing components

SWDADA

I have created a new assembly in Pro/E, I the went in to my computer directory and re-arranged components in to new folders. When I tried to open the assembly from within ProE, it says assembly missing components and does not open the assy file. This certainly something to do with my file organizations in the directory. Is there a way to open the assy and force it to recognize new compoent locations?
In solidworks you can re-define component directory after opening the assembly if you have changed their location

You need to load a search path file specifying the absolute paths to all the directories that you have stored files in. Do a search for search path as this has been dealt with adequately before.

Happy New Year.

Sip

smiley19.gif
dont know

Find out the config.pro which you using currently stored in your disk and open it as note pad. Just enter the "search_path C:\folder name containing files\files".

The others are correct

Just add a search path (sepaerate lines) for each new folder in your config

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back