Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Assembly drawings with multiple version

First thing that comes to my mind is afamily table for all variations (that depends of how deep the variations are) with a drawing that was a repeat region table for the family table to show all the variations.

Second this could be possible to do with layout and pro-program andwith interchange assemblies....all combined.Basically you have a layout with some tables for different options, that you can select the variationsand a drawing is generated. So you have one layout and when someone asks for a version you select the options in layout and generate the drawing. But this require huge amount of work and testing to see if it works properly. I'm talking weeks if not months, depending of how big is your assembly.But it can be done.

Family Tables... Family Tables... Family Tables... and Family Tables...

+

Electronic data controls (for saving the forest and the world)
smiley4.gif

We use family tables extensively (some have said tooooo much)<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

The only thing I'm trying to do is limit the proliferation of the drawings to cover each variation or option.

Tom

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back