Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Are you guilty?

Funny!

the code for the forum come off the shelf as far as I know with this security! most of them do anyway, it's fairly standard practice! as for storing them, again it's all automated, and extreemly light weight so the file sizes are tiny! anyway it is really easy log an ip! so I wouldn't think it's fake!

James
Edited by: james.lynch

The IP logging is real. There are a million web sites that you can go to that will show your IP address (I mean the one that is being shown to the world, not the one in your windows config). There are also web sites that you can go to to see who owns the IP address. Most medium/large companies own their own IP's, so you could very easily be traced.

I was doing some "undercover" market research in a webforum posing as a user, and I was also registered as a vendor. I peaked one of the moderator's interest, and they saw they that I was logged in from the same IP and I got booted.

I wasn't up to anything wrong, just trying to play both ends and I got what I deserved. Anyway, had they dug just a little deeper they would have seen what company I was with, and had that gotten out, would have been quite damaging.

Regardless of my feelings about my employer, the designs are not my own. They are paying for my time, therefore my time at work and the things I'm paid todo during it are theirs. I don't think its "loyalty", its just ethics and common sense.

WOW....And if you live in the USA and think about all the intellectual property that is electronically delivered abroad to be worked on and possibly cloned. Certainly makes a model uploaded here look like just about nothing, dont you think?

It's nice to see some of you get the point. As for you goosemonster you are the kind ofperson that doesn't care about anything but yourself. I wouldn't be surprised if you have been fired over attitude problems in the past. Your disdain for your employer is evident.It's a shame too...you could be a very talened Designer/Engineer. But without ethics you are worthless as an employee because the risk is not worth the investment in you from an employer perspective. It's amazing how our reputations proceed us in the Pro/E world. Time just might catch up to you sooner than you think. Care to re-think your position? Will you teach your kids to cheat and steal...and as long as they don't get caught it's okay?

You "..are not going to worry about ethics" are you? Just honestly answer a question. If you owned the company that funded the development of a product that was stolen because someone like you "didn't care" and uploaded it somewhere, then produced and sold it effectivelynegating your return on investment....

How would you feel?

Oh...and it's kinda interesting how you mentioned you were hiding behind and alias. I wonder why that is....?
Edited by: dlongmi

WOW, this is obviously a subject you feel very strongly about.
<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>
After reading your last post I now realise what a terribly amoral and downright evil person I am. Guilty as charged. I must set about changing my wicked ways before I infect future generations.
<O:p></O:p>
I will go straight to my boss, bow my head in sha<?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><ST1:pERSoNNAME w:st="on">me</ST1:pERSoNNAME>, confess my heinous cri<ST1:pERSoNNAME w:st="on">me</ST1:pERSoNNAME>s and beg for <ST1:pERSoNNAME w:st="on">me</ST1:pERSoNNAME>rcy.
<O:p></O:p>
I shall drop to my knees and tell him that I am guilty of using the internet over my break periods. I

just a side lines point

"hiding behind and alias"

If you hit the profile button below someones post, you can see there details. provided they have entered them.

Its extremelly common to use a "net name /alias" when using anything with computers.

No worries....

I do feel strongly about it because I run a company. The same kind that supplied your"borrowed" pen and pays for the bandwidth you used to get your kicks. Also I buy the toilet paper youuseand keep the lights on in the bathroom so you can see what you are doing. It all means something...to somebody footing the bill.

Also...there is this new concept called paraphrasing....obviously you missed that memo. Sorry I will correct the entry. Your quote was... "If this involves soliciting assistance from the web then I

Speling :)

yeah i love to help people make there modells, i find it paying back
the community that helped me :). Its very hard to help people most of
the time if you dont have a visual frame of reference.

if i can help someone i will, and it helps me ( and others) to help the
person in need if we can see whats going on :) . Ofcourse. its up to
the person to see if they can show us, or even tell us about
there work.

Heres my two cents.

Worry about your own, if your the owner and don't like it then you have every right the say you can't download or upload anything to your employees. If your employees don't like that then they can't tell you to stick it up your a$$ and go somewhere alse. But on the outside I really don't understand getting all upset over somebody with a different view than you; right, wrong or in different. The whole spiel about whats wrong with the world today is just that, people getting upset and forcing there views and way on everybody else thru law.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back