Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

appearance

bucky

the appearance editor is located underView\color and appearance\appearance editor

I have created a new material for the map button and assigned a .jpg for the appearance it looks good in the part but even when saved the new material does not stay with the part and when other users open the file the appearance is not with the model? I have tried setting the config file save_texture_with_model to yes but it still does not help. thanks in advance

I'm having the same problem. I defined a new colour with a texture and saved the model. I even saved the appeareance.dmt file.

when I close and reopen Proe the texture is not shown, even though it's in the correct location according to the 'pro_texture_library' setting. In the appearance dialog under 'mapping' the name of the texture I chose is not shown but the checkbox is still activated, and neither is there a preview of the texture. Even weirder: When I click the preview button of the texture and the texture placement dialog is opened, the texture is actually listed here, but without the preview. So ProE did remember I used this texture, but it's just not showing. Then when I click the '+' to add textures the open dialog does start in the location where this texture is. So why does ProE NOT find the texture?

When I get the colour from the part I actually do get the correct colour and texture settings, without the texture showing. So the colour settings ARE stored in the model.

/rant on Why is everything in ProE so <censored> unnecessarily complicated and unintuitive?
smiley7.gif
/rant off

I'm on WF2 btw.
Thanks in advance for any help!

no. just store you file in the corresponding wf3.0 folder.put it in the 'misc' folder. or set you texture library setting ... is that in the config.pro file?

I just found out for some reason the setting in my config
pro_texture_library $ADMWF/Bibliothek/Texturen
(Where $ADMWF = I:\ADMWF) does not work. Even if I put the texture in the above folder AND the folder $ADMWF/Bibliothek/Texturen/graphic-library AND the folder
$ADMWF/Bibliothek/Texturen/graphic-library/textures it is still not found

Then I added texture_search_path $ADMWF/Bibliothek/Texturen to the config.pro
and ProE finally finds the texture in that specific folder.

So in my WF2:
pro_texture_library
does NOT work, but
texture_search_path
DOES work!?
smiley11.gif

Any clues on how this is possible?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back