Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Anybody using WF3.0 yet ?

CA-Cruisin

Just wondering about Wildfire 3.0. PTC showed a demo of the new
features and it looks sweet. Any experience out there good or
otherwise? Especially looking for changes to the configurations
and stuff I should have setup before deploying to 100-200 people.

Thanks in advance.

-Diana

Since it has not been released, only pre-production, I doubt anyone is using it for production work. Usually with PTC products, you never want to go into production until 2 or 3 builds of a version have been released, around M040 might be safe.

i have been using it since it came out. using second rev. no problems, much better then 2.0. don't get me wrong, I can crash it. To many models open seems to lock it up. I believe it is all about the computer you use and programs that run in the back round. I have a precision 670, xeon, 4 gigs of ram, 128 meg vid. I model huge assy's, some of them with well over 1000 parts. If am running outlook with pro-e it seems to crash more, so I don't run it while drawing. Also, if your computer is filled with add on toolbars to internet explorer or you download a bunch of crap off the net, pro-e will stop because of application hang ups. If you keep a clean computer pro-e will work fine. We have two seats and have run 2.0 and 3.0 with hardly any problems at all.

just my 2 cents

J2theb

I have been testing for about 1 or 1 1/2 months now..I have 7 sprs open against wf3...most are show stoppers

I have used PP2 for a little bit now...mostly rendering...but have dealt with some pretty complex surface models. Of course you can make it crash but it looks very promising.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back