Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Another Radial Dimension Question

mach-4

I would like a radial dimension and that is what I got, but I have no centerline to go with it. It is not a pattern so I assume that is why radial_pattern_axis_circle is of no help. I can pattern it for two holes and move it 0 degrees so that it still looks as one hole but gives me my centerline. I would rather not do it this way. What simple thing am I missing? Thanks.

Attachments

• radius_cl.JPG
    radius_cl.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 29
I don't understand your problem.
If it is the R30 dim that you are talking about, I see a center. What I don't see is what the dimension is for.
I also don't see an extension line, maybe that is what you are talking about?

I think it should be a polar coordinate dimension. I sketched it in, but what am I missing to create this dimensioning scheme on the attached sketch. It assembles together with other pieces to create a bolt circle so I would rather not make it a regular linear dimension.

Attachments

• radius_cl2.JPG
    radius_cl2.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 21
when i've had to dimension something like this I usually just sketch a curve that is my BCD and then i dimensions and flag that curve on my drawing.

I think I know what you want to do, try right-clicking on the radius dimension and add a witness line. You can then shape the witness line contour. I can't attach pictures from work, I'm sorry

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back