Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Another Mold Design Challenge

anyone got their solution on how to split it yet?

thanks
smiley1.gif

Zaki, good to see you are still posting challenges
smiley17.gif
. I have not been using pro-e for a while but im still keeping an eye on this forum from time to time. I wont get a chance to have a go at moulding this, which is a good job because I wouldn`t know where to start
smiley1.gif

I am now back to using pro-e, and it feels like I am starting again ! Give me a couple of weeks and I will be back up and runnning haha.

gvi70000 said:
This part is empty. Does anybody has it right?
Thanks in advance

I use WF3

Did you check to see if the features in the model were suppressed or not? Also, are suppressed objects viewable in your tree?

Edited by: mediumsliced

HI GUYS

BAD NEWS IS THAT I LEAVE THE JOB FROM THAT A/C MFG COMPANY. SO I CANT POST IMAGE OR MOLD FILES BCOZ I DIDNT COPY THOSE FILES.
smiley19.gif
DID ANYBODY MAKE A TRY?? IF SOMEONE USE WF3, ITS A LITTLE BIT EASY TO OPEN A MOLD IN IT. IT WILL TAKE A LOT OF TIME, EVEN A MONTH OR SO.......

the material is ABS and according to my opinion, the shrink is 0.8%. But u dont need to put shrinkage in the part. Bcoz, I had made this part in assy mode, and the parent parts had shrinkage. the main concern of this challenge is toknow about the possible solutions other than mine. How other peoples open this mold. Now a days, I m bussy in Java learning. After that I will open the mold againat home. But it will take time. Bcoze my schedule is so bussy.
smiley18.gif

Anyway, Its not an impossible mission, just try try and try hard.

Thefeature called "center is under cut. The only way is to use a collapsing sliding core. Whileit is possible to mold this part the added expense to build and maintain would be unrealistic. This part should go through a design review with mold-ability being considered.

Dear Pglitt

This part does not require any design review. Bcoz all feature are essential.This is called coil tray and fitted in Air Conditioners. Main porpuse is to out the air in smooth way and dont allow it to enter the body from patches etc. and to drain out any water that appears in coil in high humid weathers. All ACs having this part with slight difference in design. There is no use of collapsible cores. Soon I will post some pics of already workin molds and mold design.

Jaffer_h2k said:
Dear Zaki,

Your part is not opening in my wildfire 2

can you tell the reason,

thanks

Jaffer

just click resume all and all the features will be there....good luckk

anyone found a way to extract this product yet?

I use Proe2001, just can not open your part, maybe next time IGS/low-version-format/etc... so every one can read it.

hi every body! i have used Pro wildfire 3.0 for 3 months.
smiley19.gif
i want to use
smiley4.gif
Pro w3.0 to design the mold of some mechanisms but i don't know how to use mold design.
do you have any link to download or files to serves my study, please share with me.
Thank you very much!
smiley1.gif

smiley36.gif

Hi Tuan Tuan
Please download a file from another thread in mold design named multi cavity mold
Zaki

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back