Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Angle dimension on non-angular features?

MetalHead

WF 2.0

I have an existing model and drawing which has four legs that are at non-90 degree angle from each other (like a non-even X) and each leg has a hole in it, and there is one hole at the center of the X (see bad ascii below). Everything is created with rectangular coordinates. The drawing has the holes dimensioned with driven angular dimensions, from one hole to the other. I need to do something that will require me to re-create those angular dimensions, but I know no way to accomplish it. I can put angular dimensions on the edges of the legs, and these are the correct angles. But I can't move them to the holes. I tried rotating the axes in the drawing view, which worked, but the dimensioning does not seem to recognize them when it comes to creating angular dimensions.

__
|o|
______| |______
|0 o o|
"""""""| |"""""""
|o |
"""

If you have each of the hole axes rotated as you want then, choose select the create standard dimension icon. Make sure the attach type is On Entity. You should be able to pick the legs of the axis center mark.

Seems so simple. I think I must have had Center or some other option selected from before when I was trying all different things.

Thanks

metalhead,

What you can try is show the axes of the holes, and then for each of the axes edit attachment, and just click on the center hole. That will give you what you need.

Sip

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back