Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Angle Dimemsion Flip

dstein_TM

I am working on a drawing and have created one size of a part. I used this model to create a larger size as most of the dimensions were the same. I am almost done with the print for the larger model when I come across an angle that is measuring to nowhere. The smaller model shows up correctly on the drawing, and the sketch in the model shows up correctly on the larger model. Also, when I change the dimension, the angle shows up correctly in the drawing.

Why does my dimension flip? Is there a way to correct this glitch in Pro/E? I have attached an image. I want to angle to be oriented like the 25 deg. in the drawing, but the actual dimension is 30 deg. Updating to this dimension switches the display of angle dimension. I know that I can create a non-driving dimension in order to finish the drawing, but I want to know why Pro/E is so glitchy on random dimensions.View attachment 4821

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back