Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Angle Dim. (Stupid Question)

boydt

Is there a trick to placing an angle dim like this? Where you do not have a vertical referance adjacent to the angle. I can get them in there to get what I want but it seems that there has to be a better method.

I'm not sure I understand your question, but you can add a line in the sketcher RMB and turn it into a construction line to get a vertical reference to dimension to.

When creating the dimension, use "Make Line" under the ATTACH TYPE menu to create a vertical line used for the dimension. The second reference for the dimension will be the edge of the part. This will create an angle dimension.

Steve

I'm not sure why you want to do this because you are referencing something that does not exist.

BUT, with that said, while in the sketcher, you could create a vertical line (centerline) and dimension to it. That would also give you the benefit of creating a dimension that you can modify thru the drawing instead of a "shown" dimension.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back