Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

alternate option in extrude feature

Guru.hm

hello friends,

in solidworks there is a option " offset from surface" in extrude feature, i searched pro-e for this option but i didnt get, is there any option in pro-e??

please help..

thanks..

You will have to do this as 2 features.

first make an offset surface from your original surface using the offset command, then extrude up to the offset surface you just made.

You can pause the extrude, create the offset and then resume the extrude.It accomplishes the same thing, creating 2 features, but you can take care of it while creating the extrude. The extrude and the offset surface will be grouped together as well.

csusie said:
You will have to do this as 2 features.

first make an offset surface from your original surface using the offset command, then extrude up to the offset surface you just made.

If I understood correctly, I think you can also do an "offset with draft feature" to obtain the effect in a single feature...

expand feature option under the offset dash board is a nice option too. You don't have the draft included though (also don't need a sketch to define the offset). You can enter negative numbers to remove material as well. I am sure with everything there are limits to its functionality though.

-gafatwork

I was under the impression his sketch was somewhere out in space and he wants to extrude up to an offset surface, which is different than offset expanding from that original surface.

csusie said:
I was under the impression his sketch was somewhere out in space and he wants to extrude up to an offset surface, which is different than offset expanding from that original surface.

Ah, ok, I must say I misinterpreted your answer in this case...

i m just posting some of the images on which i want to perform extrude cut feature..

these r the part images.. i want to do cut extrude on top surface of part shown in image.
Edited by: Guru.hm

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back