Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

All surfaces in Appearance editor

sander

when I am in the Appearance editor (where you can set the color of your part), I can choose the option "all surfaces" in the assigment tab.... But It does nothing...

Can anybody tell me what this option means ?

Regards,
Sander.

The part may have an original colour of yellow and then other surfaces may have different colours, blue, red, green etc. The 'All Surfaces' selection is used to clear these surfaces of colour and return the part back to yellow. So select 'All Surfaces' then click on 'clear'. The part will revert back to the assigned part colour.

Michael

"All surfaces" will only affect features of type "surface" and not part surfaces which is what I think you were expecing. If you want to change just part surfaces you should select 'surface' and pick the part surfaces you want to change. To change all part surfaces just select one surface and then RMB choose 'solid surfaces'. This will select all of the part surfaces. This is for WF2.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back