Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

adding / removing format

jmoth79

Could someone please advise as to how to add and remove a drawing format (title block) after the drawing file has been created??

Thanks very much

You can replace a drawing format going to the Page Setup Menu.

File -> Page Setup

The Page Setup menu appears. Click where the name of your drawing format is displayed and the field will turn into a combo-box. Use the combo-box to select your format. Re-select the same format if you are updating it. Select "Browse..." at the bottom to find your format on your filesystem.

...OR, double click the FORMAT: [FORMAT_SIZE] on the bottom of the window, where scale, format, and so on are shown in semi transparent white and Page Setup window will appear. Then follow the above procedure (from fiebigc).

skraba said:
...OR, double click the FORMAT: [FORMAT_SIZE] on the bottom of the window, where scale, format, and so on are shown in semi transparent white and Page Setup window will appear. Then follow the above procedure (from fiebigc).

You learn something new every day. Thanks!

Yes, double-clicking became magic in WF.

You can also change drawing model, scale and simp rep on the drawingby double clicking notes on the bottom of the drawing window.

Hi all,

I've created a format and applied it to my template.
Saved my template in the templates directory.
When I create a template based drawing, the format loads perfect.
However if I save, exit and then open the drawing again the format is gone and I have to re-apply it to every single sheet.
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks dr_gallup.
It's working fine now.

Have a nice weekend!

smiley17.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back