Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Add post processor to PP list

cfdd

I was wondering is that possible to add my own post processor UNCX01.PXX to the PP list ? Or can I use SIEMENS*.* instead of the stupid UNCX01.PXX ? I beleive it will be easier for everyone.

Thanks !!

Your posts must have the uncx01.pxx filenames. However, as you scroll down through the list of post processors, look at the "prompt" line. It will show you the name of the post there.

appinmi said:
Your posts must have the uncx01.pxx filenames. However, as you scroll down through the list of post processors, look at the "prompt" line. It will show you the name of the post there.

..or in the other words:
- the name of the post in the Prompt Line comes from Option File Title. That is visible/editable in the Gpost Editor window under File Formats-->List File

Many Thanks for the responses !!

Another question was

How can I add my own PP to the PP list ? I remembered a tutorial showing how to add customized PP to the PP list in here a while ago. But that tutorial is missing now. Can anyone give me a hint ?

Thanks again !!

To create a new post: In the manufacturing window, select Applications, Nc Postprocessor. In the "Option File Generator" window, select New, and follow directions.

To add an existing post to the list: First thing, all files must have the same extension number,(ex *.p23, *.s23, and if you have a FIL file, *.f23). Second, make sure that you have no other posts with this number, if you do, the rename the new ones. Now move the new files into the "loadpoint" directory, (where Proe looks for the posts). They should now be ready to use.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back