Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Add a bulk item to bom

Hello, we want to use BULK items for thing like shims and paint. The problem is in order to make them say A\R in the bom we have to write a relation as follows:

IF asm_mbr_part_number == "XXXX1" | asm_mbr_part_number == "XXXX2"
Quantity="A/R"
else
Quantity = rpt_qty
EndIf

Where the x's are the part numbers from the bulk item parameters. The problem is we have to add each part number to the relation. I know I can use asm.mbr.type but I would need to have the asm.mbr.type column in the bom. I cannot have this. Any body have any suggestions? Creo Pro5

You can make it a dash item where no qty value is shown and a dash is shown instead. Implying A/R. Go to Regions, select Dash Item, select the Qty you wish to make a dash item.

You may also be able to set the bom_rpt_quantity parameter in the bulk item to a value of A/R. Although I've never tried this. Normally this is used to calcualate a value for items such as paint based on surface area so the appropriate quantity shows up in the BOM. Without a real number in there a BOM report cannot calculate cost, if this is what is done. I never use it for cost so it doesn't matter for me.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back