Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Acrobat 3d

amitk_001

Hi,
Is anyone out there using Acrobat 3d with Wildfire 3.0. I am not able to import wildfire 3.0 files in adobe, it always says file does not have any geometric data. When I export it to a neutral format and import it to Acrobat 3d it works sometimes, but not consistently. The only way I am able to do it is export it to Inventor file, and using acrobat 3d toolkit convert to U3d format which I can use in acorbat 3d. (I do the above step to reduce the file size). Is there any other around this issue. I read on adobe users website, that acrobat 3d is supporting only wildfire 2.0 ? If any of you guys are using it for wildfire 3.0, please let me know it will be of great help

thanks
Amit

I can use Acrobat 3d with Wildfire 3 with no issue. It works the same in WF3 as it does with WF2. I can capture either through Acrobat using File - Create PDF - From File or also by using Print Screen from within Pro/E. This was with Pro/E WF3 build M010 and Acrobat 3D 7.0.8 on Windows XP. What is your system configuration?

Hello chaps

I am almost about to buy Adobe Acrobat 3D.

Can you tell me whether you can work directly with Pro/ENGINEER, or whther you use any Right Hemisphere add-on?

I would be dead-miffed to find that I had to buy another expensive piece of software to get Adobe to import parts and assemblies successfully.

Are you impressed with Adobe 3D? Have you prepared any animations yet? If so, how easy was the process?

Kind regards

Dave

Hey Dave,

I am using WF 2.0 M190 and Adobe Acrobat 3D 7.0.8 on Windows 2000 and I cannot get the 3D capture to work for the life of me. However, this seems to be a completely isolated problem to my system as others have claimed that it works great.

I can, however, import .prt and .asm files into Acrobat 3D directly and it works great. The PDFs look really good. I would deem the process extremely easy (and I'm not all that great at using documentation and presentation software). You do not need any of the Right Hemisphere add-ons as Adobe and Right Hemisphere have "teamed up" technologies to produce Acrobat 3D.

Hope this helps.

Hi Adam

Thanks for your very swift reply and vote of confidence.

Would it be possibe fo me to make your e-mail address to ask you a question every now and again? Could you PM me please?

Kind regards

Dave

It doesn't work for me either, I can use the sreencapture command but it does not look as good as when I convert a STEP file. As for converting a part file, I get the same message as amitk_001
smiley18.gif

In Acrobat, try Edit > Preferences > 3D > Preferred Renderer > Software. That works for me with WF 3.0.

Rats! No luck. There is a whole lot of updates being downloaded for Acrobat as we speak so maybe one of the patches will fix the problem.

I spent 80 minutes waiting for Adobe support for them to tell me that WF 3.0 (as of the end of July '06) was not a supported product. The only way I was able to Adobe 3d was with the screen capture which does not maintain part groups or part names.

I had the same issues. Even when using screen print, some of the parts were not correct. Sizes were completely changed. I am waiting for them to support WF3.0. Has any one felt that when there is a large assembly in adobe 3d everything becomes slow ?

Hey all-

I cannot use the screen capture at all. However, importing native .prt or .asm files within Adobe 3D works very good. Using this "screen capture" is a moot point for me anyways. Adobe support claims that this is not supported in any ProE version as of yet, but some people (especially on the USENET groups) swear that it works perfectly. I have probably tried every setting possible concerning the screen capture.

I do not see very large performance drops even when importing large assemblies into Acrobat 3D and I have converted some VERY large assemblies. Sometimes, however, Adobe can become a memory hog if you leave it open for a while.

Hope this helps.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back