Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

50,000 rpm electric spindle.

ckirchen

I bought two50,000 rpm electric spindlesfor my shop about six months ago - the kind with a CT40 taper and a brushless motor inside. They work great, but my method of set uprequires triple checking my work so that I don't accidentally senda programto the machine with a spindle on command.

I would like to set up ProNC to suppress spindle on commands (i.e. M03) and to post the spindle speed as a comment.

I know that I could set up a custom post, but I would also like to be able to call the high speed spindles in the same operation as regular tools (i.e. ones that are turned by the mill's spindle).

Has anyone done this before? Is this something that can be done with Tool Attachments?

Thanks, Chris

Hi Ckirken,
This is an easy FIL routine.

CIMFIL/ON,SPINDL $$ Capture SPINDL command

RSLT= POSTF(20)&nb sp;&nb sp;$$ Save it for future processing
IF (ICODEF(SPINDLE) .EQ. 72) THEN $$ If the SPINDL command is OFF then
RSLT = POSTF(21)&nb sp;&nb sp; $$ post it
RSLT = POSTF(13)&nb sp;&nb sp;$$ normally.
ELSE
RSLT = POSTF(21)&nb sp;&nb sp; $$ Reload saved command
RPM =POSTF(7,5)& nbsp;& nbsp; $$ Extract speed
DIR = POSTF(7,6)&n bsp;&n bsp; $$ Extract direction
IF (ICODEF(DIR) .EQ. 60) THEN $$ Determine if directionif Clockwise
INSERT/'(S',RPM,' M3)$' $$ IF yes or true output this
ELSE&n bsp;&n bsp;&n bsp;&n bsp; $$ IFno or false then
INSERT/"(S',RPM,' M4)$' $$ Output this
ENDIF
ENDIF

CIMFIL/OFF

There may be a space between the "S" and the value of "RPM but you're inputting it into a comment and will have to insert the line manually at the cnc control anyways in the correct format.

Hope this helps and works!
Jay Crook
[email protected] -> If doesn't work.

Hi Ckirken,
I just reviewed this posting I left for you. I just noticed all the "&n bsp;"-> WHAT THE...
These are not supposed to be in the FIL file. Don't know where they came from, they are not TAB's, I didn't hit the tab button to put spaces in listing.
DO NOT include these in the FIL code or you will be extremely frustrated and angry AND the post will not work.

Jay Crook.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back