Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

5 axis post

tsaladyga

We have an Okuma 80yb 5 axis lathe coming at the end of the year. I have tried to make one in G-post but have not been very succesful. Can anyone help me in any way? I would really appreciate it. I get all kinds of errors. It says it doesn't recognize the word "head" or "rothed" or "turret"

Hi tsaladyga,
Try the following in the fil file, uncx01.xx. XX represents the post processor number.

CIMFIL/ON, HEAD

DMY=POSTF(13)

CIMFIL/OFF

Do this for each of the Major words you mention,HEAD,TURRET and ROTHED. See if this gets rid of the errors. I would then check the UNCMIL.V00 file. This lists all major words that have been defined followed by a number. Check to see that someone hasn't assigned the number to some other major word. Check the listing in the back of the FIL manual for current calues assigned to HEAD, TURRET and ROTHED. If not, I would call Austin N.C., makers of Gpost. Talk with Billy Cockrell. First he will insult all foreign built controls, you'll fell about 1" tall, then he will help resolve issue.

Jay Crook.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back