Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

4th axis output on 1st tool change

appinmi

In all of my previous posts, I have caught the first tool motion after the tool change so that I cancombine the code, (example: G0 G90 G54 X1. Y1. A0. S5000 M3). I am now trying to create a new post to just output the code as it comes from Proe.I have the post set to "Force ABC on axis on next GOTO" checked. I also have the "tool change" position for the 4th axis set to "current".

If I am programming at A0

I think I am on to something. I noticed that proe doesn't ouput CL data in "Multax" mode until an index is required. After turning multax mode on, even the code at A0

There is a way ... but unfortunately I havn't had time to deceipher our posts. ... Let me explain, our posts are done by third party, and are very customized. One of our recent requests for our mills was to output table rotation on 1st tool change even if the program starts from initial beta position (B0.). Reason being we try and incorporate safe start blocks at every tool change regardless if 1st or otherwise (idiot proofing for operators). Maintenance could have worked on prior to program start and alter table rotation, operator may have to rerun 1st tool prior to program completion, etc.

Well my first quick look at fil file prior to and after change didn't come with any direct results to your question. I even asked our 3rd party consultant and he didn't tell me directly (not surprisingly) what he had todo to accomplish this. Our conversation took on more of how complicated some changes become when there is a great deal of customization and how many different ways there are to accomplishcertain tasks independant of difficulty.

Because they are 3rd party purchased, its not like I can start sharing sections of his script with everone. When I have more time Iam going tounderstand a little more about this area.

Sorry,
smiley19.gif
but for now, I can only let you know that it is possible.

I wrote a couple of FIL macros that will force the "A" ouput after the tool change

View attachment 2139

It will send the tool to home position before the tool change. And then it will add the "A0" to the next GOTO motionafter the tool change, and it is not in MULTAX data.

Thanks Allen,

All this info helps. I might have to change jobs (preferably still using ProE) and be required to correct the posts!

Did a quick check against ours, its being done differently. Don't know if he's using predefined strings or commands I'm not familiar with.

Anyway, keep up the good work, might PM you later. Pretty busy right now!

I create an intial nc seq when programming multiaxis this toggles multax on for you !

Then all axis output for postioning on 1st tool!

This is the suggested method from PTC.
Edited by: mace

Mace:

What do you put into this "initial" NC sequence. The only way that I can get Proe to output "multax" data, is to have a tool GOTO a point that is not square to the "machine" coordinate system. I do not want this output to the tape file. I only want Proe to switch to multax data. I know that in earlier versions, you could either set the data to output MULTAX data, or use the ROTATE command. With wildfire, I see no such option.
Edited by: appinmi

I use mold GUI interface It has this feature in form of a mapped key.

It is an aux. seq. NO TOOL (This is the key)

This is what parameters look like.

NCL_FILE -
PRE_MACHINING_FILE -
POST_MACHINING_FILE -
TOLERANCE 0.001
LINTOL -
CIRC_INTERPOLATION ARC_ONLY
NUMBER_OF_ARC_PTS 1
FIXT_OFFSET_REG -
COORDINATE_OUTPUT MACHINE_CSYS
END_STOP_CONDITION NONE

Did you post it ?

This has worked for me for 7 years!

Maybe your post is not right with the fil you have in there.

Try another stock 4th axis post ?

Remember I am just attempting to help!

Mace

Allan Do you have use rotate on under the workcell config page ?

If so uncheck it

Then goto tree columns and under manf parameters typ cl_data_type.

If you have rotable You may have errors on fist tool.

I ran into this years ago and it is starting to come back to me now .

I use only multax because I do true 4th axis complex work it is the preffered for 4th axis machining .

Now that multax is on you will see in a column across from workcell multax not rotable!

Now multax is on for your first tool!!!!

Mace

I do not have a rotate for the workcell config page. In the help files, it shows it, but it doesn't exist in any of my workcells. The options that I have are FROM, LOADTL, COOLNT/OFF, SPINDL/OFF, and CUTTER COMPENSATION. Does the "ROTATE" option show up on both the 4 and 5 axis workcells? Just about all of the machines that I program are 5 axis. It is just sometimes you only use 4.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back