Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

3d human hand

Hi Jeremy,

I don't have any free stuff for this, butI think Pro/Manikin could help you on this...

Simon

SimonJR said:
Hi Jeremy,

I don't have any free stuff for this, butI think Pro/Manikin could help you on this...

Simon

Yep!

Pro/MANIKIN is available from DateCode M070 if I'm not mistaken. If you have an active maintenance contract just update your WF4 (current DateCode is M090, I believe).

EDIT:

You'll need a license for Pro/MANIKIN. If you don't have a license be sure to SAVE ALL YOUR WORK BEFORE YOU INSERT ANY MANIKIN on your assembly, because you will NOT BE ABLE TO SAVE IT FROM THAT POINT ON, and you will lose all your work.

This has happened to me. Luckly what I was doing was just exploring Pro/MANIKIN and had nothing else opened on Pro/ENGINEER.

Best regards!

JVidal
Edited by: jvidal

you should not use Pro/manikin to design the gripping portion of a handle. This kind of manikin only gives u the dimensions of a general hand, but not the "shape".

You should build a physical prototype of your new handle, and fine tune the shape until all the test people feel comfortable. then use a 3d scanner to convert the physical object into a digital format. Finally, based on these scanned data, rebuild the cad model. This is the way to build an ergonomic handle.

Manikin module can only give you a right size, but not a right shape!
Edited by: dicksham

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back