Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

3d connexion SpaceNavigator SpacePilot

ben

Hi

I used to own a SpacePilot a few years ago. I liked it except i could not use it with a mouse simultaneously

Eg, With Spacepilot in left hand and model being panned/zoomed, i'd try clicking through the ProE menus with my mouse with right hand....unfortuantely the mouse inputs did not work until the Spacepilot navigation stopped...ie left hand input then right hand input, rather than left and right hand input simultaneously

Do you know if 3d connexion have resolved this problem? or is it me with setup?

Thanks

Ben

I also have a Spacepilot (won it at a Pro/Users convention a few years ago). I haven't had the problem you have. My problem with the thing is I can't keep the "spin" working. No matter how many times I install/re-install the software, unplug/re-plug the connection, it will work until the next time I reboot the computer. Their help line keeps telling me to do the things I have been doing (no help).

So, I have quit using it.

I would like to figure this out, though, so I could use it.

Maybe someone from 3DConnection is out there listening and can help us out!

I wouldn't mind getting a new one myself like a Space Explorer or Space Pilot, but hey my old Spaceball 5000 works like a champ. Anyone have the smaller version like the Navigator? I was thinking about getting one of those for home.

it is quite possible that you have a hardware conflict. certain products from logitech, and others will conflict with the drivers. you can tell if it is loaded by certain cues on the device, or hanging due to a conflict. try a different brand mouse and or keyboard. you may discover the problem suddenly goes away...you can also disable the brand specific mouse controllers and use the standard window's ones too, that always worked for mine

funny thing is that 3dconnexion is part of logitech hehe

i do like mine, cant work without it at this point...hahah I have to carry it around alot so I prefer the more portable notebook style

if the window locks when moving what I do is move the cursor to a place off the viewing window, the preselection tends to grab when the controller crosses the mouse point

cheers,

M

Edited by: magneplanar

The navigator is awesome. I have two of them one for work and home. I like it better than my old spaceball.

Hi,

Is there any setting that must be set in Pro Engineer for the spaceball to function?

I am using WF4. Thanks.

Jotry,

The only thing I'd recommend is to turn off the pre-selection highlight, but it is personal preference though. (Edit>Select>Preferences)
Edited by: audctrl

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back