Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

32bit vs 64 bit regeneration error

Zestje

Hello,

I'd like to warn you all for people saying the 32 bit and 64 bit versions of ProE are identical with regards to the parts data. This is NOT true.
We use both versions her, dependent on the PC system. A few days ago I had an error in a chamfer feature upon regenerating a part when I exited insert mode on the 64bit WF4M080. The colleague who made the part did not have the error on the 32bit WF4M080.

So this is what I tested:
* Exported the single part to HD.
* Opened both versions of ProE on my PC.
* Opened the part in both ProE's.
* Tried regenerating, which did nothing, since ProE though a regen was not necessary.
(BTW it is also a major bug in ProE, that ProE sometimes does not regenerate a part when it should. By dragging insert mode all the way up and than down again a regeneration must be forced.)
* Entered insert mode above the suspect chamfer feature in both ProE's.
* Resumed the suspect chamfer feature in both ProE's.

Guess what: On the 32bit version the part regenerated correctly, but on the 64bit version the feature failed regeneration.
So 32bit and 64bit versions are -NOT- identical with regards to the parts data. This is a serious issue, so be warned....
smiley11.gif

WF4 M080 is old!

The newest datecode is M200 at the moment - try this one, maybe the issue has been fixed meanwhile.

Regards, DonChunior

Unfortunately, we are bound to the exact version our customer uses for this project...

Nevertheless, this general warning still stands. Especially since there is no online support document (I could find) stating that this is a known issue, and as a consequence no document stating that PTC has fixed it....

Interesting, that might indeed be a problem with the same cause.
I think I'll try if it also happens in WF5...

M080 seems to be a bad version. We have problems with several bugs (specific to this version) which have been fixed in later versions of WF4.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back