Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Wildfire! Working Directory

BonesNTX

A rather recent occurence...when in a drawing and I change Working Directory and then save or backup it saves in the original directory the file was opened in.

This was not the case just a week ago or so, it worked correctly so I suspect some new revision of Wildfire has created this bug.

Anyone else having this occurrence?

A work-around?

I was already confused with all this "Progress".
Edited by: BonesNTX

Thought I'd seen a kb note on this but can't put my finger on it. Might look at save_object_in_current and override_store_back options.

This is new behavior to Wildfire 2.0. It is part of the "Windows Certification" rules. Do you remember how they changed the installation process for 2001? This is the same kind of

Thanks Matt,

After I read your reply I was quite hopeful. Unfortunately, at least here, changing thathas no effect? Not for current session and after a re-start of Pro(Wildfire) the vaalue is back to "default"?

Pro/ENGINEER doesn't read current_session.pro by default. Youmust save this option in a file named config.pro. Put the config.pro file in the startup working directory for Pro/ENGINEER (the target of the shortcut on your desktop) and it should work.

Sincerely,

Matt

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back