Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

WF4 Windchill

xfacezero00

Hi all- My problem is WF4 m180 no longer loading fully. It brings up the flash screen with the normal screen behind...then in the lower corner it hangs up "connecting to server, please wait". This screen never changes. If I click on it I get the Windows "not responding" and close it out.

Background:

My WF3 m230 and WF5 m070 boots fine.

I've recently started working with a client that uses Winchill. I am an external supplier that enters through a secure http using a Security Certificate. I think WF4 is hanging up trying to find the Windchill Server. Where as in WF3 and WF5 it doesn't find it then just loads as a stand alone and I can log into Windchill if I need to.

I've looked in my config file and there's nothing new there pointing towards the clients server and I've re-run my ptcsetup a few times with no change.

Ideas?

You may need to update to WF4 m190 or newer if you're on Windchill 10 (compatibility issue). Confirm on PTC website.
Edited by: gb123

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back