Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

WF2 to Adobe 8 issues

brobinette

When I create a pdf from WF2 build M230 to Adobe 8, some of my formats seem to be jumbled or have some phantom line that I can't find on my drw. I didn't have this problem until we upgraded from Adobe 7 to Adobe 8. Is this some compatability issue with WF2 and Adobe 8?

Do you use the PDF button by chance? I have found that it sometimes does some funky things. For example on drawings that contain an imported image, you will not see the image on the PDF. But if you use the plot button with MS Print manager and Adobe PDF as the printer the resulting PDF file looks like the Pro/E drawing, and the imported images are there too.

Something to try.

Just on a couple of them. Our regular e-size format work fine, but our custom e-size which has some special notes on it has a line going through it. As I'm typing this, a coworker has fixed our problem. We had to change a line in our config pro. Under Config Options we changed (use_software_linefonts no) to (use_software_linefonts yes).

Thanks for your help.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back