Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Welding symbol - no welding process

EddyVE

Hi all,

If I add a weld to an assembly, the welding symbol is shown on the assy drawing (which is what I want). However, on the far right of the welding symbol (right of the 'fish tail'), the welding process number is shown (currently '1').
I would prefer that the welding process is not shown. I also want the 'fish tail' removed.
Is that possible?

Kind regards
Eddy

No. and if anyone can tell me why i'd love to know.

Not only that, if you make 5 welds and then delete the first one pro/e will drop the 4 down a number

As it seems that there is no 'official' workaround for this issue, I have simply renamed and modified the 'iso_fillet.sym' symbol to create my own symbol.

I have removed all the parameters, circles and lines that I do not need, to create a very small and basic welding symbol that fits my needs.

I now have to explicitely do a 'Insert/Drawing symbol/Custom' to load and insert my welding symbol, but I can live with that.

Note: I only need a fillet weld now. If you have other welds, you would have to modify/create a new symbol for every weld type of course.

Kind regards
Eddy

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back