Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

weld on circulare surface

olivierpa

Dear All

I would like to simulate a welding between two parts , with flate surfaces it's OK but when I what to do it on a circulate surface , everytime I have the message "trajectory is not valid " with sweep tool

I wanted to creat the pink function between green and grey parts

Do you have any idea to solve my problem ?

Many thanks for your help

Olivier
smiley11.gif

I could very easily do welding on circular parts also. The procedure remains the same for welding on circular bodies as that for falt bodies. Here is a snapshot of what I have done. If this is not what you are looking for, please indicate where exactly welding is to be done in your model.

Anand

Hello Anand

It's exactelly what I want to do , please can you explain me the procedure ( if you are working with the standard or welding appilcations) and the function you are using

Or if it'smore easy for you , you can send me your assembly model and I will check by myself

Many many thanks for you help

Olivier

Olivier

following is the step to step method to get reach the result you want.

1. in assembly> applications> welding. (i hope till here you have reached and before doing this step you have assembled the components.

2. click INSERT>WELD ( you will get a WELD DIFINITION window).

inFEATURE i selected WELD

in COMBINATION i selected SINGLE.

in ENVIORNMENT i took the first type (FILLET) and kept LEG 1 as 6 and selected EQUAL LENGTH.

3. click OK

from MENU MGR, REF OPTION

i took SURF-SURF

and selected the yellow surface (figure below) and then click on DONE REFS.

the select the other surface (green in my case). andagain click on DONE REFS.

WELD PLACEMENT Menu mgr appears.

select ENTIRE LENGTH and CONTNUOUS.

press OKAY.

its done.

Hi Olivier,

I was not able to log into this forum for some strange reasons. Although I could read your post, I could not reply you. Soory about that.

Also, thanks Sanjeev for supporting Olivier.

Anand

Hi Sanjeev

Many thank for your help ,now I have a new problem because my welding is only a surface , do you know the way to convertit as a "solid part "

Olivier

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back