Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Weight of part in drw

Beam

Hi everybody

I have noticed that mass prop does not update in drawing if changes have been made to model and opening drawing alone. I have a parameter ''WEIGHT=mass_prop'' that report the weight in a table of my drw.

Ex. I have an assy drw showing proper totalweight of all models. I have made a subsequent change in the assy model, like suppressing part or parts, I regenerate,save and exit the model.

When I open the drw alone next timewithout the updated model the properweight reflecting supprerssed parts does not updated in the drw,it show up theweight before,changes. I havetried everything, Edit/Update/Model, Edit/Update/Draft,Update sheet, Update Table....

It seems that the model must be in session an opened to update the drw. For large assy it is a pain and obliged, to make slight change in the drw, to open as well a large model.

What is wrong in my technique.

Beam

I GUESS YOU MEAN PARAMETER "pro_mp_mass" or "mp_mass("")?

SET CONFIG PARAMETER "mass_property_calculate" TO "automatic";

REGENERATE

Thank youvery much contour

That was the way to do it..

Effectively it was "mp_mass" and not mas_prop"

It works now as it had to do.

Beam

"AUTOMATIC" MASS PROPS CALCULATION WORKS EVERY REGENERATION. THIS CAN BE ANNOYING. YOU CAN UPDATE REPORT PARAMETERS MANUALLY BY CLICKING "GENERATE REPORT" IN "SET MASS PROPS" WINDOW.

Thx again

Effectively I had noticerd that to generate a proper calculation in parameters of the model I had to execute a report in mass prop of the setup menu.

Beam

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back