Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Wacom Cintiq Tablet with ProE

ben

Hi

Has anyone used the Wacom Cintiq with ProE? and if so is it any good? and which size of screen do you have? What's bad about it? What exactly do you use it for to (modelling,sketching,manufacturing,drawing,mechanisms)

Your thoughts and comments, feedback greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance!

moz-screenshot.jpg

Ive seen industrial designers use it with Pro/E quite a bit. You can program buttons on the bezel to do almost anything you want.

Thanks Bart

Just to confirm, was that on the Cinteq type where you actually sketch on a lcd screen? i'm assuming they thought it was a useful bit of kit to?

and have you seen it being used in any other proe modules such as manufacturing, mechanisms or even with drawing creation?

...design engine looks pretty cool to

ben

Yea. I was at one of the IDSA (industrial designers society of America) conferences and the Cintiq folks were demoing the tool with Alias Sketch which is the main reason for selling it. And one of the industrial designers standing next to me spoke about how it is in her work flow to use the Cintiq even when in Pro/ENGINEER how she programmed her buttons for various Pro/E operations. She uses alias sketch too.

http://www.wacom.com/cintiq/

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back